Make-up Style for your wedding day.
Cranberry, pink, nude eyeshadow? Many magazines have millions of styles and trendy colors for brides on a wedding day. Bride models during bridal runway shows in New York City, Paris, Italy, to name a few are dressed and made up to captivate attention. As a bride you want to captivate the attention of your groom and your guest but not all make-up trends are intended for brides. There are a few things to consider when deciding what your make-up style will be for you wedding day. Here are just a few key points to think about.
- Are you having a morning wedding, middle of day or late evening event.
- What is your overall theme?
- Is your dress romantic, modern, Boho, etc.?
- Do you prefer the less is more approach?
- Is this an indoor or outdoor wedding?
These are just a few things you should think about when planning your hair and make-up. Make-up artist and Stylist will be the best source of guide for you when it comes to your wedding day. They not only have the knowledge and experience, but they help guide you in a relax and fun atmosphere. Talk to your make up artist and schedule your trial. You want to make sure to schedule these appointments at least 2-3 months in advance at minimum. This will allow you to make sure you have selected the best stylist for you.
As a photographer these are the things I educate my brides in:
- Make sure you do a hair and make up trial-The perfect time to do this is for your engagement session.
- Waterproof, waterproof, waterproof- Trust me I had to start wearing water proof make-up because even thou I am the photographer I am not tear proof, LOL Yes I cry at weddings! I can't help it sometimes, weddings are just packed with emotions.
- Touch up kit- ask your make-up artist for a touch up kit. If they have one that's perfect if not make sure to have your own planned ahead of time. Remember you will be having tons of pictures taken throughout the day.
- Be you! What I mean is do a make-up and hair style that fits your personality.
- Also Flash photography is bright so keep that in mind.
Well I hope I have helped a bit with some of my experience thru the years.If you want to share information with me, We’d love to hear your side!
Take care and happy planning!